|PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds
The current version of PowerPlugs:
Video Backgrounds Player
is 3.5 – released Feb 5th, 2013
If your software
has an older (lower) version number than this, then you will want to
get your free update here!
Updating Instructions for users of all previous versions of PowerPlugs:
Video Backgrounds Player:
- Do not uninstall the version of PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds
software that you have prior to installing this update.
This update will not install or work if you do not already have a
purchased version of PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds installed on your
- Download the new update for PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds Player.
Click on the link (above, right) to download the PowerPlugs: Video
Backgrounds Player update file.
Save the downloaded file to a location such as your "My Download
Files" folder, where it will be easy to find when you prepare to install
- Close all running applications to prevent installation problems.
This is good advice when installing any software from any source.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.
Your downloaded file will be named: PowerPlugs-VideoBackgrounds-3_*-Update.exe
After you double-click on this downloaded file, the installer
will extract one or more compressed files from it.
The newly extracted files will be placed, by default, in a directory
called C:\Program Files\PowerPlugs\Video Backgrounds.
Update History Overview
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 3.5:
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 3.1:
- VideoBackgrounds is now compatible with Office 2013 and Windows 8.
- VideoBackgrounds is now compatible with Office 2010.
2.1 makes the following improvements and fixes the following issues:
- VideoBackgrounds is now compatible with Windows 7.
2.0 makes the following improvements and fixes the following issues:
supports foreground videos that appear in front of video backgrounds
on the same slide.
supports video backgrounds on wide format display screens.
supports Back navigation in a slideshow (using the Back
button in the lower left corner of the slides).
the smoothing of the edges of the text and other objects that appear
in front of the video backgrounds.
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds
- Enhanced to make it easier to install
on PCs running Windows Vista
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.8:
- Eliminated the startup countdown in
the case of packed presentations.
and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.7:
- Further enhanced for Vista compatibility. Specifically, the playback
of the background videos under Vista was slow and “choppy”. This problem
has now been eliminated.
- Further enhanced for custom animation compatibility. Specifically,
the playback of the custom animations under Vista (with video backgrounds
playing) was also slow and “choppy”. This problem has also been eliminated.
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.6:
- Enhanced for Vista compatibility
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.31:
- Improved campatibility with PowerPlugs: Animator
- Improved compatibility with custom animation
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.3:
- Better support for running PowerPoint Custom Animations with Video
- Animations are properly synchronized with sounds when Video Backgrounds
- Improved compatibility with PowerPlugs: Transitions.
- Improved Pack with Effects fidelity.
- Conflict with PowerPoint Master Slides is resolved.
- Users with limited Windows access rights can now use Video Backgrounds
- Keyboard shortcuts now work properly during slide show, including
multiple monitor slide shows.
- The default transparency value for backdrops is now 30%, which makes
text in front of video backgrounds more visible.
- Full support for PowerPlugs: Animator
Fixes and other improvements in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.2:
- Improved support for the Windows Multiple Monitor feature, including
full support for PowerPoint Presenters View, enabling you to use the
PowerPoint control panel on one monitor while showing your presentation
on a separate monitor or projector
- Improved reliability of the View Show with Effects tool, including
improved playback of the video backgrounds, and easier forward, backwards
- Improved compatibility with widescreen displays during View Show
- Presentations now begin on the current slide when opened using View
Show with Effects
- Playback of AVI videos in slideshows containing Video Backgrounds
- All PowerPoint custom animation settings are now preserved after
View Show with Effects
- Improved compatibility with PowerPlugs: Transitions and 3D Titles
- Problems with screen image shifting before 3D transitions have been
- The problem that caused video backgrounds to sometimes turn gray
has been eliminated
- Improved reliability of Pack with Effects, including the case of
non-English versions of Office
- Made it easier to remove Video Backgrounds once they have been added
to a presentation
- Improved performance of video thumbnail previews and eliminated
unnecessary refresh in the Video Backgrounds selection dialog box
Many other minor
problems have been fixed as well
in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.1:
that have been addressed in PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds 1.1:
- Dual monitor support – so you can have your presentation on one
screen, and your speaker notes for example on another screen.
Note: This version of PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds
Player does not yet support a PowerPoint 2003 dual monitor mode option
called "Presenter View." (We plan to release a version of the Video
Backgrounds Player in the near future that does support this option.)
Nevertheless, the Video Backgrounds Player's current support of PowerPoint's
dual monitor feature is still useful for doing things such as being
able to read from a Word document containing your presentation outline,
or opening an Excel spreadsheet to get key numbers during a presentation,
etc. without those things appearing to your entire audience.
- Added Variable control over the transparency of the backdrops
- Added Video background normal/slow speed control option
- Added Foreground video support
In addition to the items listed above, the version 1.1 update also includes
fixes to anomalies that were addressed in previous software updates, versions
1.01 and 1.02.
- Unwanted changes to the presentation template when video backgrounds
applied – fixed
- Needless repainting of PowerPlugs: Video Backgrounds dialog when
it first appears – fixed
- Needless repainting of PowerPoint when presentations start and end
- Backdrop brightness flashes after 3D transitions – fixed
- Runtime error “453” – fixed
- Random “black” backgrounds – fixed
Version 1.02: Resolved the following issues:
- The incompatibility of PowerPlugs: Transitions and international
versions of PowerPoint.
- Compatibility of PowerPlugs: Transitions with Custom Animation
with automatic timing.
Version 1.01: Resolved the following issues:
Additional PowerPlugs products
- For a very small percentage of customers, upon selecting "Add Video
Background", the dialog box displays but the required thumbnail
previews of video clips do not appear.
- The PowerPlugs: View Show with Effects tool gives an error message
if you have inserted an audio file into your PowerPoint presentation.
- For PowerPoint 2003 users, the “PowerPlugs: Pack with Effects”
tool appears in the floating toolbar, but not in the PowerPoint File
menu, as it should.
about other excellent
PowerPlugs for PowerPoint products from CrystalGraphics.